Sunday, September 16, 2012

What can you do with $20?


I was Googleing something today and came across a Yahoo question that I couldn’t stop thinking about.

Question: “Help i only 20$ And have to.buy groceries. What can i get? Please what can i get to stretch my money .only 20$ And have to buy groceries .I have no food”

Besides problems with grammar and punctuation, Girlfriend has an empty cupboard.  

After a couple hours of contemplation, while I was cooking dinner, here’s what I came up with:

Dozen eggs $1.58
Oatmeal (1 lb) $1.99

Bananas (about 5) $1.10
Wheat bread $1.48
Peanut butter $2.95

Potatoes (5 lb bag) $2.97
Broccoli (1 lb) $1.77
Baby carrots $1.78
Chicken ($1 per lb, on sale) $4.32

Total: $19.94

I think that makes for a boring, but nutritious, week of eating. Baby carrots are even a pre-washed luxury, and $1.77 for a single pound of broccoli is a bit high, but it’s what my family would eat. Frozen veggies are even more convenient and economical. Hopefully she has some sugar and honey on hand, otherwise she needs to pop into Starbucks and fill her pockets. Pssh, don't even pretend that you don't have a kitchen drawer full of pilfered McDonald's ketchup. I keep mine in the fridge.


So, what would you buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment